Andrea's Reviews > Paint My Body Red

Paint My Body Red by Heidi R. Kling

bookshelves: arc, didn-t-expect-it-to-be-this-good, color-me-surprised

Sooo... Most of the time after finishing a book I dive straight to another one. But there are sometimes where you finish a book and simply need a time to THINK about it. And this book is one of them.

I had a love/hate relationship with this one. I hated and liked Paige. But honestly I hated her at the start of the book but ended up loving her. She grows from being an annoying, idiot girl to a brave, strong and wise woman.

As the blurb of the book says Paige is shipped off to her dad's Wyoming ranch. She's in a bad shape, having nightmares and a past mistake ghost hunting her every night. She's numb and not living at all, and it's not until she's in Eight Hands Ranch again, where she starts discovering herself again.
The book is told from Now and Then, we are told little by little what happened in Paige high school, what happened with her and her stepbrother Ty. And we get to see too, how Paige starts living her life.

The characters where beautiful described and were far from perfect, they where REAL. They made mistake. Some of the little some of them huge, but at the end most of them tried to get past it and keep living their life. Some of them didn't and "checked out".

I felt most of the story real, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to read it. This is a book I totally recommend.

**ARC received via Netgalley.com, thanks Netgalley and Mrs. Altenburg for the e-copy.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paint My Body Red.

October 13, 2015 – Shelved
October 13, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 13, 2015 – Shelved as: arc
November 3, 2015 – Started Reading
November 5, 2015 –
November 6, 2015 –
50.0% "She walked straight through that mess"
November 7, 2015 –