Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > The Rose Society

The Rose Society by Marie Lu

bookshelves: own, fantasy-all, young-adult

www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

As those of you that have read the book know, Adelina is fighting her darker side, but she doesn't seem to be winning. She's loving all of the evil things she is doing and a lot of them I agree with because most of the people are evil anyway. You know.. that revenge thing... some are just plain evil, but I digress.

Adelina and her sister Violetta are on a mission to find more Elites to bring over to their side. I do love some of the new characters that come into play. One being Magiano. Adelina has a crush on him, but she won't admit it, she's afraid. He's pretty fond of her too :)

He is not Enzo, I remind myself. But I don't want him to be. With Enzo, my energy yearned for his power and ambition, all too happy to let him take me into the darkness. But with Magiano...I am able to smile, even to laugh. I am able to sit here and lean back and point out the constellations.

Adelina does some things that bring these new people to her side. They form the Rose Society.

There are some evil queens in the book too and they are all fighting for the throne as well as someone else. People are brought back from the dead that should have stayed dead. There is a lot of bloodshed, sadness, darkness, a little bit of light, and a whole lot of magic going on.

I thought this book was just as good as the first one. Makes me wonder what is going to happen in the next book!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rose Society.

October 13, 2015 – Started Reading
page 9
October 19, 2015 –
page 25
October 19, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Tabetha (new) - added it

Tabetha Looks really good--great review, Melissa!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you Tabetha :) I try, although, it's taking a lot longer when I go and add words to pictures, not sure I can do that all of the time. LoL. xx

message 3: by Tabetha (new) - added it

Tabetha You are amazing!!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Nope! But thanks for saying so :)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Glad to know this is as good as the first one. Fantastic review, Melissa.^^

Masooma Awesome review, Melissa. I can't wait to get my hands on this book ;)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Glad to know this is as good as the first one. Fantastic review, Melissa.^^"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Masooma wrote: "Awesome review, Melissa. I can't wait to get my hands on this book ;)"

Thank you so much Masooma :-). I hope you like it <3