Shirley Frances's Reviews > Blue Blooded

Blue Blooded by Shelly Bell

bookshelves: read-2-review, series, 2015, erotica

After spending the good part of a week feeding my series OCD and reading the previous books in the series, I found myself having mixed feelings about starting Blue Blooded.

You see, Rachel had not made a huge impression on me and I was hesitant about reading her story. Thankfully, Logan was one of the previous characters that had caught my eye so I decided to give the book a try before letting myself be led by my feelings towards Rachel.

And I am glad that I decided to go ahead with this read. Although the beginning felt a bit awkward with that first scene between Logan and Rachel, as the story progressed and the plot started evolving, I found myself immerse in the story and enjoying both the romance and the intrigue brought the author brought to the page.

Of course, it helped that Logan and Rachel had great chemistry and that the author didn't miss a beat in bringing it to the page. Those two were hot together and the sexual tension whenever they were together jumped off the page.

Although not an overly emotional story, Shelly Bell did infuse some rather intense emotions--especially in regards to Logan and Rachel's hesitancy in coming together. They both had issues they needed to deal with and these brought about a nice range of emotions that helped to round up the story well.

Keep in mind that although this is the third book in the Benediction series it can be read as a stand alone. I enjoyed visiting with some of the past characters and getting to know some new ones along the way. There was action, some mystery and a hell of a lot of steamy scenes to keep me interested throughout.

All in all, a fantastic steamy read with the right kind of elements blended in to make it worthwhile.

*I received a copy of this title in exchange of my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Blooded.

October 13, 2015 – Shelved