Ace's Reviews > The Memoirs of Cleopatra

The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George

Jan 17, 2011

The book truly opens up and hooks most readers in to Cleopatra's life as she lived it before becoming Queen all the way leading up to her crowning and her four marriages while she ruled over Egypt. This book had many historical facts laced in to the fiction of her life, it was a learning experience reading the novel. Very well written, like you're breathing the sands of Egypt however, the length is a little over done. Especially in the last half of the book where all Cleopatra is doing is waiting in fear for the end of her life and her children. I can expect to be worried myself in such a place but the constant annoyance of it never fades until the last page. The first two scrolls were amazing to read, I couldn't tear myself away but after that the novel goes boring. Almost like I didn't care to know what happened to Cleopatra anymore. Though, I stuck with her to the end and I'm sad to see it end, yet grateful for the conquering of the novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Memoirs of Cleopatra.

January 17, 2011 – Started Reading
January 17, 2011 – Shelved
January 17, 2011 –
page 208
18.26% "Still breezing through, so far Cleopatra has not lost my interest."
January 17, 2011 –