Christine's Reviews > Cuff Me

Cuff Me by Lauren Layne

bookshelves: arcs-netgalley-authors, 4-stars, men-in-uniform, friends-to-lovers, contemporary

4.75 STARS!!

I just adore LL's writing. She just doesn't write about one thing...she changes it up and expands her repertoire. What makes the New York's Finest a little different from her other books is the slow burning romance. All the tension build up and emotions wrapped up in a twist are my favorite parts in any story. Of course the sexy times are a plus, but the parts leading towards it are always the best. :)

Vincent Moretti and Jill Henley have been together for six years...as detectives for the NYPD. Six years, they have managed to solve every crime, leaving behind a stellar record. But when one case leaves them perplexed, tensions rise to find the killer of a beloved icon. And the new detail in Jill's life does not make things any better. For six years, Jill was done waiting for Vin to make a move. He doesn't realize that Jill may be half in love with him all that time. But, when she comes back from a three month break with a new man in her life, Vin can't help but feel the jealousy rising. And the new ring on her finger doesn't help much either. Can Vin truly be happy for her? The possibility of losing his best friend and partner in crime will surely change things up a bit.

Thoughts:

PLOT LINE - Who doesn't love a mystery? Especially when it involves a famous icon and the perfect murder. With the pent up frustration of missing pieces in the case and the addition of a brewing magnetism between the partners, LL knows how to intertwine the two perfectly. The job may get in the way of their personal lives but somehow it will all work out.

CHEMISTRY - There is no way you can deny the attraction they have. It may take longer for Vin to realize it but it's been lingering there. The best part of something lingering is how it will emerge and grow into something more. Vin and Jill have a dynamic that makes them unbeatable. As partners, Vin is the bad cop and analyzes cases on intuition and gut feeling. Jill's the good cop and analyzes cases on facts and figure. There is a great balance, plain and simple. As friends, they have seen each other at their worst. Every detail is left unturned. All the tension built up all those years will find a way of getting out. Where everything just explodes. There is one particular scene that I absolutely love and I can't wait for you guys to get there. And especially with Vin's brooding and reserved nature...he has this Darcy effect. Once feelings are made known, it's pretty amazing.

MORETTI FAMILY - This family is what makes the series. I love each and every one of them because they all bring something to the story. Their sunday brunches and including Jill like she is already one of their own is so adorable and fitting. And let's not forget the other Moretti men in the family...if you haven't read Frisk Me or Steal Me, you are missing out. Anthony Moretti is my favorite of the bunch and his part in knocking some sense into both Vin and Jill is the best. Although all the Moretti members have very different personalities, there a couple similarities. Men usually don't have heart to heart conversations with each other but when they do...it's so sweet. Always looking out for each other. What are families for?

I swear if you love the show Blue Bloods, you will love this series. I'm sad to see the series end but we're all secretly hoping for a surprise release of another book. *Fingers-crossed*

description

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cuff Me.

October 12, 2015 – Shelved