Badass Bloggettes's Reviews > Betrayal

Betrayal by Aleatha Romig

Oct 12, 2015

bookshelves: 5-stars-across-the-board, dramatic-intense, emotionally-charged

I was so excited to read Betrayal by Aleatha Romig who is one of my favourite authors. Aleatha has a way of taking you into a book and keeping you there and then towards the end POW!!! She just hits you with something else that makes you just go WOW.

Betrayal did that to me. There was so much in this book that just kept me asking for more.

We meet Alexandria who let’s face it comes from a Southern Family who has a history to uphold, a stature to keep and well Alexandria hates it. On a break from University Alexandria and her best friend Chelsea go on vacation, no ordinary vacation though, one that will change Alexandria’s outlook and life dramatically.

It is on Vacation that Alexandria decides to go by Charli (with an i). She wants to be different; she wants to be able to be who she wants to be without restrictions.

I love how Alexandria who now goes by Alex is a girl who doesn’t want the everyday normal life, she wants to make a path for herself, she is determined to live her life the way she wants to and to fight for what she wants.

It is on Vacation that Charli meets Nox, an enigma, a strong willed man who loves control.

Nox is instantly attracted to Charli and she is to him. The attraction they have for each other is so tantalizing you salivate reading this story.
However, as they decide to spend time with each other, they also decide to have no complications like Last Name, personal information. They just want to spend the time with each other without restrictions. The only thing Nox insists on is that they are honest with each other.
“But I have one hard limit too – a rule: honesty. You need to be honest with me and I’ll do the same.”

As the week goes on, Alex tests her limits with Nox’s help; he is controlling but in a good way and you can see their relationship build. It is not the normal everyday life that Charli has been used to growing up as Alexandra and she is grateful for this reprieve.

Nox makes Charli realise that she wants more in life than the regimented regime that her family and her family’s rules and regulations have been forced upon her. As we read on towards the end we see how Nox and Charli both have demons that need to be dealt with, they have issues that have restricted them for years and have suffocated them in their lives.

There is a cliff-hanger and there will be more in the series but there is so much more to this story in the background that you really need to read to get the full history behind it.
I would highly recommend this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal.

October 6, 2015 – Started Reading