Carrie's Reviews > Weekend with the Tycoon

Weekend with the Tycoon by Kaira Rouda

it was ok
bookshelves: kindle

Weekend with the Tycoon by Kaira Rouda is the first book of the contemporary romance Indigo Island series. While part of a series the books do switch main characters in each installment so this one can be read as a standalone if choosing to do so.

In this story Blake Putnam is a wealthy businessman that has no intention of settling down and starting a relationship but finds himself needing a date to take to a family wedding. Samantha Jones is a new employee at Blake's business that somehow finds herself being whisked away to pretend to be her boss's new date.

Again this is a novella so don't expect a lot of depth to the characters or story as everything moves at a rather fast pace. My problem with this one really was more I just did not ever connect to the characters at all and rather actually found them kind of annoying which is a shame because normally I like the idea of pretend dating going into something more.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weekend with the Tycoon.

October 10, 2015 – Shelved