Cyn Mistress Kitty's Reviews > Kiss Me, Kate

Kiss Me, Kate by Mari Carr

bookshelves: librarian, cop-hero, 5-alarm-fire-smut

** spoiler alert ** What a truly great story. This is the best one yet of Mari Carr's. A 5++
Kate is a broken woman after her cheating husband literally cleans out the house and the bank accounts and leaves town with his girlfriend. She has no where to go except to live with her sister in a tiny apartment and feels so bad about herself and unloved once again because of her slimy husband. When she has a chance to housesit for 2 hot DEA guys while they are away on a long term mission, Kate jumps at it. She and one of the guys Rick proceed to email each other over the course of 8 months and really become close and care for each other.
I loved this story because Kate is such a strong, loving person and you can see her pick up the pieces of her life and become confident and independent. She and Rick fall for each other during those emails and I liked that it wasn't an overnight love like in so many books.
When Rick comes back, he and Kate begin a very physical affair and even though Rick would like to make it permanent, Kate struggles to maintain her independence.
What great characters and I also liked Wes and Jill and foresee a HEA for them.

Just did a re-read and still loved this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me, Kate.

January 16, 2011 – Shelved
January 19, 2011 – Shelved as: librarian
January 19, 2011 – Shelved as: cop-hero
January 27, 2011 – Shelved as: 5-alarm-fire-smut
Started Reading
May 13, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Great review, Cyn. I've really enjoyed Mari Carr's writing. I really want to read this. It'll go on my list of books to buy in April!!!