Adam's Reviews > The Recruit

The Recruit by Robert Muchamore

M 50x66

I decided to read this book because a lot of the people in my class had suggested it for their book speech. I thought it was a genre I liked and had a good plot, so I started reading the book.

Something I like in the story is the humor they put into it, such as when Mr Large set the kids their last test within the hundred days. The test was to put their hands in a bucket with a poisonous jellyfish and to not put their hands in the antidote for a certain amount of time. The test turned out to be a joke planned by Mr large which put James in a state.

Something I learnt throughout the story was that being attentive could come in handy, this was because when James was in his Russian class, he had to pay attention because all that knowledge would come in handy for reading the instructions that were only in the language that they learnt. They would have to use their knowledge of the language they were learning or else if they didn't know then they wouldn't be able to pass basic training.

A character I like in the story was the main character, James. I liked him because he would always push himself further to make his future a success and for the people around him. Another character I liked was Bruce, I liked him because at points his thoughts were so stupid it was funny and I like that a kid of his age had put so much work into something to perfect it which

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Recruit.

Finished Reading