Kris's Reviews > City of Heavenly Fire

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Jul 03, 2017

bookshelves: 5-star, fantasy, best-2017, paranormal, read-2017, owned, young-adult

I FINALLY FINISHED. Wow. I'm dead now, though. It's fine.

I feel like I say this with every book I loved, but I think it's true because the books I like the most are the books that make me feel a whole range of emotions. I would like to be torn apart while laughing and being pissed off all at the same time, thank you. So, THIS BOOK WAS A BUNCH OF EMOTIONS THAT WHACKED ME IN THE FACE and it still stings.

And, as always THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOTH TMI AND TID. I will mark any explicit spoilers but I'm going to hint at plot points so if you don't want to be spoiled get up on outta here and PICK UP THE BOOKS.

As much as I absolutely adored this book, I'm having a bit of a hard time summing up my thoughts?? THERE'S JUST TOO MUCH TO SAY. Okay, okay. Let's break it down into little bit size pieces because that usually helps me feel better.

CHARACTERS

- Simon is the cutest most loyal and bestest friend of ever and why is he not my friend?? I'm totally not okay with this. Also, he's finally feeling like a part of the group!! He feels like he fits in! And ! My ! Heart ! (view spoiler)
- Magnus continues to be the best ever, doing all the favors and stuff even though he has like NO REASON TO HAVE TO he just does because he is the best entity.
- Sebastian is evil, clearly. This is not news to me. Is this news to you??
- This entire bullet point is a spoiler but I still wanted to write something so here's a sentence for you. (view spoiler)
- I felt like Maia came into her own in this one. I was so happy with this because HEY IT'S ABOUT TIME.
- Raphael is like the only voice of reason, as usual. i love him. I lovelovelove him don't ask me why I don't even know I just DO. He's like this sassy little spicy vamp and I just...sigh. (view spoiler)
- EMMA. I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE HER AND THE BLACKTHORNS AND COMPANY IN LADY MIDNIGHT

PLOT
- I don't liiiiiiiike road trips guys can we please not??? PLEASE?? Also, totally predicted the twist with the Heavenly Fire and stuff. I just felt like a whole lot was not happening over a lot of this book??
- Clary and Jace can't touch each other hardly again and I'm having flashbacks.(view spoiler)

Okay, yeah. I was going to do a bunch more bites of word paragraphs but I think that kind of sums up my feelings along with characters and plot, and that's what a review is, right?? I think. I don't know.

OVERALL I was pleased with this wrap-up of one of the series that has taken me eons to finish! It was quite a neat wrapping of things job, only used one piece of tape which is what I aspire to do. MHM.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Heavenly Fire.

October 9, 2015 – Shelved
October 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
June 25, 2017 – Started Reading
June 27, 2017 –
page 191
24.87% "hey, book. why you gotta be so loooonng"
June 28, 2017 –
page 249
32.42% "Simon should wear only puffy shirts from now on."
June 29, 2017 –
page 337
43.88% "I think I'm probably just going to be in a state of panic throughout this entIRE FRACKEN BOOK"
July 1, 2017 –
page 473
61.59% "I'm stressed out AGH."
July 2, 2017 –
page 638
83.07% "NO NO NO NO NOOOO. No. N o . N O O O O O O O O O O O O O"
July 3, 2017 – Shelved as: 5-star