Andrea Galbusieri's Reviews > Thief of Lies

Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake

bookshelves: read-in-2016

Well, well, well, this was certainly interesting. After the first few chapters, I was convinced I would give the book a 2-star rating. It was all over the place, introduced too many ideas at once, and the story made little sense. Also, Gia's crush on apparently super hot and sexy Arik got on my nerves. *nervous girlie giggle* World-building started out poor, and I had a hard time figuring out who and what the heck was going on.
Then this happened: I kept reading, and all of a sudden, I noticed that I was enjoying myself and that I had gotten into the story so much that I was almost at the end of the book! I liked Gia, and her quirkiness made me smile. I liked how the author managed to reign in the ideas that had threatened to madly gallop away in all directions in the beginning. So, if you roll your eyes after you start the book, bear with it. I promise you will be entertained ... and if nothing else, focus on the library-jumping. My God, what an idea! Jumping into a book and ending up in, say, the Library of Congress? Priceless!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thief of Lies.

October 8, 2015 – Shelved