Emily Selleck's Reviews > The Dark Tower

The Dark Tower by Stephen King

bookshelves: audio

Wow. Okay, I have a lot of feelings about this book, not all of them were good (as you can tell, if you kept up with my comments as I was reading), but overall, the ending of this book made up for any flaws in the storytelling. The ending... I had to stop reading and drive in silence for a long time, just to digest it. 'Ka is a wheel' was an overarching theme throughout the series, but I never really understood the significance until I read the end. The true end, not the feel-good, make-you-cry, first ending. And Mr. King was correct, I could have just left the book with that first ending and been perfectly content. I considered it, actually. But I'm ultimately glad I didn't though. Quite frankly, most of the Stephen King endings I've read have left a lot to be desired (I'm looking at YOU "Under The Dome"), but I think I know what happened now. He used up all his good ending mojo on this book. That's what it has to be :)

Anyway, it was a great end to a pretty good series, and I'm glad I got them all read this year! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Tower.

October 8, 2015 – Shelved
October 8, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 4, 2016 – Shelved as: audio
October 18, 2016 – Started Reading
October 18, 2016 –
October 19, 2016 –
October 20, 2016 –
16.0% "Together again! Not gonna lie, I cried when Jake called Roland "Father" :')"
October 24, 2016 –
32.0% "SHEEMI!!! I have never been so happy to see a character return in all my life! #hearteyesemoji"
November 30, 2016 –
38.0% "I'm back, and the @StephenKing meta is still going strong :P"
December 2, 2016 –
December 5, 2016 –
53.0% "I am not okay with the direction this is heading. I mean, I saw the thing with Eddie coming from a mile away, but... :("
December 7, 2016 –
55.0% "I AM NOT OKAY... *angry sobbing*"
December 9, 2016 –