sha. {"go book yourself"}'s Reviews > Last Days

Last Days by Adam Nevill

Oct 06, 2015

bookshelves: creep-it-real, i-ve-got-rec-d, updates-vom, call-the-winchesters
Recommended to sha. {"go book yourself"} by: Sarah

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Days.

October 6, 2015 – Started Reading
October 6, 2015 – Shelved
October 6, 2015 –
page 1
0.19% "my third Adam Nevill book. Hopefully this one will be more of No One Gets Out Alive (that book creep the hell out of me!) than Apartment 16 (started okay-ish, then got progressively bad and ugh, the ending :/)"
October 9, 2015 –
32.0% "Max offered Kyle (and Dan) lights for their houses. As 'gift'. Which, ya know, sounded shady af. And Max had been shady af from the get go. I'm preeeetty sure that those bright lights are there to keep those ~presence away... (welp, guess who's gonna sleep with lights on tonight?)"
page 395
74.39% "I;ve been making slooooow progress reading Last Days. Not because the book is bad, but because there cult aspects of this book unsettling me sfm. \n \n Half-wanting to finish this book in one sitting tonight; but I also want to rock myself in a fetal position on my bed, downing pots of coffee in a quest to never sleep again. \n \n That detailed descriptions of the paintings alone enough to give me nightmares :C"
page 423
79.66% "that plot twist tho. Oh I did not sign up for that trope to be served as plot twist (if you can call that) but... it made sense? Sort of."
page 457
86.06% "My point, my dear boys, is that there is something demoniac in human nature that we are unable to stop revering. Unable to stop ourselves serving. This is our greatest tragedy. A tragedy because it is universal, and it is timeless, as all true tragedies are.\n \n oh that's deep (and kinda weirded me out a bit considering it came from shady af character... >.<)"
page 465
87.57% "‘Ever heard the saying, offence is the best defence?’\n \n oh god, yes. I mean, I do support the Arsenal FC."
page 468
88.14% "I wish Kyle will get his shit together, and stop whining and fussing... but then again, if I'm him, realistically I would act the same way he did too. DO NOT TELL ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN YOU USED ME AS BAIT TO GET THOSE CREEPY CREEP! \n \n (so basically Adam Nevill wrote how normal people realistically act under duress and I hate it because it's... too realistic. Not enough badassery :P)"
October 12, 2015 –
page 486
91.53% "look alive boys. We're going up against mother of demons. Or whatever.

ps. what's with salt tho? I think I missed the explanation in SPN. Also this book just remind me how much I want night vision goggles... /random"
October 12, 2015 – Finished Reading