Joanne Fish's Reviews > Where the Memories Lie

Where the Memories Lie by Sibel Hodge

U 50x66

it was ok

A memory to forget

I read the few reviews that were available and most all thought this was a great book. I could only get to Chapter 5 before I was done with it. I then read the epilogue and the author asks the reader a moral question.

I started off liking the characters and the plot but it became clear we could lose multiple chapters and not miss anything. It started off at a good pace and then became cumbersome. I didn't need a whole chapter about a beach picnic. I wanted to get back to the plot. The other chapters continued the same way. Boring. It was also getting boring the way the author kept painting this family as moral, strong, cohesive. Yes, it did have some cracks but that was expected and part of the story. The whole moral of the story is that families aren't always what they seem, what would you do to protect your kids, what lies would you tell to do it. And then the last sentence in the epilogue, the authors moral question to the reader. Really? This book is more preaching than mystery. Well not read her again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Memories Lie.

Started Reading
October 6, 2015 – Shelved
October 6, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Quentin Feduchin I SO agree. What a lot of filler! I'm even more insulting in my review, God knows why I gave it 2 stars..