Nan's Reviews > Afterlife

Jan 14, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: romance, vampires, young-adult
Recommended for: loyalist fans

While I'm glad that the series is over, I have to admit that I'm not that excited with how it turned out. I thought Evernight was one of the more inventive books I'd read in years, but each entry in the series seemed to weaken that invention and make it more and more cliched. I'm glad I finished it, but I won't be rereading the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afterlife.

Milly I have this right now too. But I have to agree with you, out of the series, I've only really liked the first and second one. The third was a little out of left field for me but I just want to finish the series as well! Nice review Nan!

message 2: by Nan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nan Thanks, Milly. I do think it's a good series, but it just wasn't for me. I could see the twist of book three coming a mile away, and while I thought it was a good narrative choice, I don't think Gray gave it the follow up it deserved.

I do encourage you to read the last book, though. It was better than I expected by a mile.

Milly Nan wrote: "Thanks, Milly. I do think it's a good series, but it just wasn't for me. I could see the twist of book three coming a mile away, and while I thought it was a good narrative choice, I don't think ..."

okay...there's hope then! it's the final book so I hope it delivers.