Florence Lyon's Reviews > Mindfulness on the Go (Shambhala Pocket Classic): Simple Meditation Practices You Can Do Anywhere

Mindfulness on the Go (Shambhala Pocket Classic) by Jan Chozen Bays

A friend gifted me this little book of mindfulness tips and reminders. It's the perfect size for reading during the daily commute or vacation travels.

I admit to not trying each exercise for one week. That would have taken too long for this impatient imp. I found the first one redundant since I have had to adapt to using my non dominant hand since kindergarten, learning to use right hand scissors for craft time. Many of the other exercises involved hands and the appreciation of eating when eating. Some were obvious but warranted a reminder.

This book contains good advice in bite-sized portions. It's the kind of reference one can pick up again and choose an exercise to try once more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mindfulness on the Go (Shambhala Pocket Classic).

October 4, 2015 – Started Reading
October 4, 2015 – Shelved
October 18, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by T. (new)

T. Fowler Flo, at one time in the distan past I regularly attended the Shambala meditation group here in the city. I even went to a Saturday sitting. It does take a lot of patience but I think mindfulness/meditition works and is really helpful. I should try to get back to it. Good luck with it.