Sherry's Reviews > The Cracked Spine

The Cracked Spine by Paige Shelton

I received this book from the author, for a review. As my friends know, don't ask me if you don't want the truth. I was a little nervous, as this story takes place in Scotland. I would love to visit Scotland, but I have had a bad experience in the past with a story that took place in another country. That particular book, had the whole text in their language with an English accent. By the third chapter, I had to put the book down and give up. It was more like an educational experience that failed.... rather than enjoyment. THIS IS NOT THE CASE with this book!! From the first page, until the last page, you will feel like you are "one" with the main character, Delaney. You'll feel as though you can hear, smell, and see whatever she is experiencing. It may actually feel like you are in Scotland on vacation! The mystery itself, will keep you on the edge of your seat, until the last page has been turned. It is unfair, but honest to say, that I would expect a four or five star from this particular author. However, after turning the last page, my jaw was on the floor. This book is more like an 8 or 10 star! One word to describe this book is fantastic! Whatever it takes, mark your calendars to pick this book up as soon as it's released. You will not regret it!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cracked Spine.

October 3, 2015 – Started Reading