Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > The Girl With All the Gifts

The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey

bookshelves: fantasy-all, own, zombie

www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

I have had this book for quite sometime and just now getting it finished! It is very nice to finally get to a book and love it so much. I did read reviews before I got the book so I already know it's a zombie book and you will too if you read mine or anyone else review.

But...wow.. there is fungus among us.. Yeah, I said that and not I'm not going to talk about it! :)

These poor kids are brought in during the week to their class all strapped down in chairs. I thought, what in God's green Earth is going on here. The kids learn just like anyone else. Some are way more sophisticated than others. They have one really sweet teacher named Miss Justineau, she is so good with these kids. One of the children, Melanie, loves her so much and Miss Justineau is very fond of her too.

There is an evil lady in the place named Dr. Caldwell. I understand why she does what she does, but there has to be another way or something for Pete's sake! Also, the kids are surrounded by the military. They are the ones that strap them down and cart them around.

Anyhoo, some stuff goes down with the junkers (the jerks that survive by being idiots) and everyone from the lab all either get killed or who ever can get way from the lab gets out however they can. Melanie, Miss Justineau, Dr. Caldwell, Sergeant Parks and Private Gallagher get out and end up together, unfortunately, not all of them make it.

BTW, the zombies in the book are called the hungries, I thought that was great. Now if someone would make one can call them the munchies, we will be complete! :)

I loved this book and I loved certain characters! I really wish there would be another one, but this one ended on a happy note ..mostly. There could still be a possibility for another book if the author decides to make one. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl With All the Gifts.

October 3, 2015 – Started Reading
page 12
October 4, 2015 –
page 18
October 4, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Tabetha (new) - added it

Tabetha Looks great, Melissa-added it!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you Tabetha :-)

Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com) Reading your review reminds me how much I loved this book! I thought the author did a fabulous job with a different take on zombies and also the characterization was awesome.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I did too, I just loved Melanie and what she we and all she did! I want more :)

message 5: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Great review, Melissa! The "hungries" name seems to fit just right! Haha. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you :-). I know right. :-D

Alexis Great review Melissa, thanks!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hun 💕😊