Thom Dunn's Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

M 50x66
Jan 14, 2011

bookshelves: a-own-hardcover, scandia, europe, espionage, journalism, 2011

Mr. Larsson, wherever you are, thank you for your magnificent story telling which, like your life, ended too abruptly and much too soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

09/02/2017 marked as: read

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Norman Thom,

I completely agree. I too felt that this was a mash up of notes and poorly edited. I am still having a terrible time getting through it. I would hate to have to start over, but the overinformation is very frustrating. The cast of charachters and the cacophony of information is almost too much to bear. I loved the other two books, so this is really frustrating for me. I think that Mr. Larsson was brilliant and I wish he had lived to finish this himself.

message 2: by Thom (last edited May 01, 2016 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thom Dunn Amy wrote: "Thom,

There's a piece missing in all this. Why did he die when he did. Did he know he was dying ? Etc. Usually biographical information doesn't interest me, but here the lack of it creates mystery for his end-of-life bio may have deeply effected the form of Hornet's Nest.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Norman and I agree yet again. I think that his bio would have to have had something to do with the finished product.