Mitchii's Reviews > Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, urban-fantasy, 2011-reads

** spoiler alert ** There’s one question lingering in my mind when I was reading this book!

What happened to Ren?

Really, guys, I read this book because of Ren. I know I’m so shallow but what can I say I’m head over heels with the young Bane’s pack alpha. And my heart aches for him. I’m so broken-hearted with happened to him. If Calla doesn’t want him then give him to me (or to the 324,567,895 girls who also wanted him). Really, Calla? Why? WHHHY?

Is it unfair that I rate it three stars because there isn’t enough Ren in this book? Unfair? Well, hell be damned, I don’t care because seriously he is the only reason why I’m reading this book. Oh Bloodrose, I just read the sneak peek, I’m not happy, but he’s happy. Finally Ren in the very first chapter. First chapter!! Not flashback, not Calla’s conscience when she’s making out with Shay. He. Is. There. That says something, right? No? So I guess I have to brace myself for another round of breaking my poor fragile fangirl heart. *sobs*

One more time!

Reeeennnnnnn!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolfsbane.

January 14, 2011 – Shelved
August 2, 2011 – Shelved as: young-adult
August 2, 2011 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
August 2, 2011 – Finished Reading
August 9, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-reads

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

message 1: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet OMG! Now I don´t want to read Wolfsbane. I´m gonna just skip on the third book.
I´m also team Rem and I don´t know what Calla sees in that dork Shay...

Mitchii Yes, team Ren *shakes hands*

My thoughts exactly, I was joking with someone who also likes Ren that I want to tie Shay in a tree again, lmao.

Seriously, I think you should still read it. Yes, there isn't much Ren in there but there's important info about him that was revealed in this book. ;)

message 3: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet Grin...*shakes hands*

I´m not a quitter, so I will read it eventually...but I'm not motivated because there´s no Ren.
I don´t know why best man always ends up empty-handed?! XD Same thing in The Vampire Academy...

message 4: by Mitchii (last edited Aug 02, 2011 11:55AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mitchii Glad to know. If I knew about Ren I might push back reading this book. I was optimistic because the book was named after his pack. Oh, the irony.

Like Adrian, right? That's also what I thought, It's Adrian all over again. T_T

message 5: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet Yeah, just like Adrian! Can´t wait for Bloodlines just because of him...

BTW, I love Bryn and Ansel. They´re so sweet.

I just found something: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZHn7-...

Carie I'm totally with you guys on this!! Not only do I LOVE Ren, but Wolfsbane really didn't endear me to Shay AT ALL—in fact quite the opposite! Why can't Calla figure out that she's "chosen" the wrong guy!! I, too, read the first chapter of Bloodrose and was happy to have Ren, but really apprehensive that it's just the start of pain/heartache for him and anger/frustration for the reader (ME!!) Doesn't seem like many out there are Team Shay, so what is Calla's (and Cremer’s!!) problem?!!

Mitchii Now I'm being hopeful. Do you think it's wrong if Calla end up not choosing either one of them *sadistic, lol*

No, seriously, if Ren will be heartbroken in the final book, I want Shay too. In that way, it'll be a fair game for me.

lol, I'm getting personal, ;)

message 8: by Mitchii (last edited Aug 03, 2011 02:19AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mitchii I know! It's like Shay took everything from him - Calla, his position as an alpha, etc...

Ditto, why can't Calla see how good Ren is for her. I mean, really. This guy is willing to sacrifice everything for her and she's too blind to see that. And I thought she's wiser than that.

You're right, they gave us a little taste only to take it entirely in the end. Like I said I'm preparing for the worst.

Yes, exactly. Do we need to start a picket, for them to see who is the better man,lol!

Carie Yeah, might be best if Calla goes off alone to do her own thing at the end of the series--or get her head straight or just grow up (I’m starting to think she’s my main problem with the series anyway--not Shay). Then Shay can be miserable for all I care (or maybe he’ll die in Bloodrose?!) and Ren can move on to better things (he certainly deserves better than he’s getting at this point!) and a new woman who’ll appreciate him! Too bad Adne couldn't be an alternative for him!

And, Richelle Mead better do right by Adrian in Bloodlines!! Wow, was he screwed over in VA!!! And, PLEASE, no cameos by Rose in Bloodlines! I hated her by the end of VA because of her treatment of Adrian. I didn’t necessarily care if they ended up together (he really is TOO good for her), but couldn’t she have at least broken up with him before moving on with Dimitri and been remotely decent to Adrian in their final conversation?!!! Sorry, old wounds for me !

message 10: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet Mitchii wrote: "

I agree!!! 3:D

message 11: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet Carie wrote: "Yeah, might be best if Calla goes off alone to do her own thing at the end of the series--or get her head straight or just grow up (I’m starting to think she’s my main problem with the series anywa..."

Girl, you are reading my mind!!! :D

message 12: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet BLOODROSE has a new release date - January 24, 2012! One month sooner!!!!

Mitchii Miss wrote: "BLOODROSE has a new release date - January 24, 2012! One month sooner!!!!"

Wow~! I'm super stoked! The earlier the better (to see Ren, lol)

Taznim good to hear!TEAM REN!!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by Scarlet (new) - added it

Scarlet I´m happy too! It´s 4 days after my birthday, and I´m buying it definitely!

Mitchii Taznim wrote: "good to hear!TEAM REN!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oooooh~ Another Ren fan! *hugs*

Mitchii Miss wrote: "I´m happy too! It´s 4 days after my birthday, and I´m buying it definitely!"

Nice, it's a wonderful present for your birthday!

Mitchii Jennifer wrote: "Team Ren for me too. Have been since when he first appeared on the page in Nightshade lol

I haven't read Wolfsbane yet, but its next on my reading list."

Me too, Ren left a really big impression on me. *glomps*

Glad to hear that, despite my rants (and Ren aside) it's actually a nice sequel!