Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)'s Reviews > Pretty When You Cry

Pretty When You Cry by Skye Warren

16932050

Love can survive in the darkest, coldest places...

My introduction to Skye Warren was in a book that she co-wrote, called Prisoner, it was incredible. So I was excited to read more of her work. Pretty When You Cry was a page-turner from the very beginning when I was dropped right in the middle of a nail-biting scene. It was how Candace & Ivan first met. I was immediately invested and mentally pushing for them to get together.

Unfortunately, for both Candace and myself, Ivan had other ideas. And can I just say, some of his ideas were kinda kinky? Due to her youth and innocence he took on more of a dominant caretaker and protector roll with her. Not exactly what we were hoping for, you know? I mean, you can't really blame us because the man was seriously hot in his $10K custom suits. And his sexy, bossy, growly voice issuing orders almost had me calling him Daddy...even though that seriously makes me cringe...I still melted.

Candace came from a very sheltered, controlled upbringing. She had almost no exposure to life outside of a very secluded self-sustained religious community. You can imagine how exciting the glitz and glamour of city life would be to someone who had never experienced it before. So many things that she had missed out on before was out there. But the one thing she really wanted, was not available to her. Him. He closed himself off from her, remaining unreachable. He held on to his secrets and his pain, refusing to let it touch her.

When Candace's past catches up with her she worries that the threats might put those close to her in danger. She must decide how much to reveal and whether she should stay or go to protect them.

It was an eye-brow-raising, jaw-dropping, heart-breaking, panty-melting, anger-building, suspenseful journey that ended on a sigh. I really enjoyed the support characters and look forward to catching up on the first 3 books in the series to get to know them better. And then I'll be ready for the next book when it's released, especially now that I know it's gonna be about Clara. I'm very curious to know what she's up to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty When You Cry.

Finished Reading