Andrea Guy's Reviews > Diner Knock Out

Diner Knock Out by Terri L. Austin

Oct 02, 2015

bookshelves: 2015-reviews, mystery, series

Diner Knock Out is the latest installment in the Rose Strickland mystery series. If you haven't read anything from this series, you really should get started on it now.

Rose Strickland is a rich girl who gives it all up and works in a diner and part time for a PI. Oh and her boyfriend is sort of a criminal.

Rose takes on a case that seemed simple. A missing persons case, but as she starts to investigate it becomes apparent that a lot of things are more than what they seem, and that includes her own relationship with Sullivan.

She discovers a fight club and drug dealings and some really scary businessmen. (One of which is her boyfriend)

Terri Austin does a great job combining the sleuthing with Rose's personal life. The characters in her life are so colorful and fun. Ma, the owner of the diner is one heck of fun older lady. Roxy and Sugar are beyond nuts, but in a good way. I found myself wishing I had friends like this. There's even a new friend, who I hope we'll see in future books, Candi Carlucci. She's the daughter of one of the not so nice businessmen that figure in with the mystery.

The story was fast paced and really fun. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, especially at the end, as you are waiting for the reveal of the whodunit. Ms. Austin gives you so many options of who could have killed the fighter, that when all is revealed you are a little bit surprised.

This was a fun read and a great addition to this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diner Knock Out.

Started Reading