Tink Magoo is bad at reviews's Reviews > Firsts

Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn

4.5 bitchin' stars

It's like this book had claws that reached out and hooked me from right after I read the synopsis.

I freaking loved it. The whole premise of it. Quite frankly teenage boys and many men need help making sex good for their partner , especially that first time so I liked Mercedes idea. No of course I didn't like the boyfriends cheating and giving their first times to someone other than their girlfriends but then they were trying to do it for a good reason, even if it was misplaced and no that's not an excuse - I would go ape shit if I found out my boyfriend had done something like that.

Yes it's predictable. You know the bombs gonna drop but I could not put this book down. I'm pretty convinced there is some voodoo going on with this authors writing, it keeps you gripped , makes you gag your offspring so you can "just finish this chapter" instead of feeding them, makes you hide in a closet with a torch while your other half sleeps - cause you NEED to " finish this bit" even though he opens the door and informs you that "bit" has taken you an hour to read.

Right from the start you sense how lonely and damaged Mercedes is. She gets affection and attention from the boys she "helps" even if it is in small amounts and in a convoluted way. It makes her feel important, gives her a purpose were she feels there is none. She uses it as an excuse to keep her distance from her best friend and possible boyfriend, because if she lets them in they could find out the truth.

Can't stress enough how well written this is. I read a lot and everything about the book impressed me even if overall I spent a lot of the book feeling sad.

Okay yes some might find her age an issue with what Mercedes does and the general fact that she isn't very likeable, but put your prudish tendencies aside and blimmin' read this or don't and stick with cheesy fluff with roses and candles and shit. Whatever, I loved it! It was different and refreshing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firsts.

October 2, 2015 – Started Reading
October 2, 2015 – Shelved
October 2, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 2, 2015 –
20.0% "I am loving this book. A lot of people may think it's distasteful but the writing is so good"
October 4, 2015 – Finished Reading
January 9, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley-or-arc-from-author-read
March 15, 2016 – Shelved as: loved-it
April 18, 2016 – Shelved as: pop-my-cherry-baby
July 13, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
January 23, 2017 – Shelved as: setting-highschool
May 1, 2017 – Shelved as: zzz-cover-footwear

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Gi's Spot Reviews Great review, Tink! ;)

message 2: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Beautiful review, sweets!!! :D

message 4: by Alp (new)

Alp Great review, Tink. :)

message 6: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Fantastic review, Alp

Olga therebelreader Great review!!!!!

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~ Wonderful review, sweetie xo

message 11: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie I don't know what I'd do without you Tink!

Gag your offspring... you've taught me 3 different phrases on 3 different reviews tonight I'm sure are your own! I've been on here for a couple of hours trying to catch up with everybody! And you've made my stomach hurt every time I've come back to you. Great review for someone who is bad at reviews! :D

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews I'm sure I don't make a lit of sense to most people but never mind :)