Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm's Reviews > Young and Scambitious

Young and Scambitious by Mina V. Esguerra

19367448

Who said Love makes the world go around? Not in Elizabeth Madrid’s world, no, this isn’t true. Absolutely not. Because in this world, Elizabeth does not love. She uses. She lies. She steals. And she sure makes everyone believe in her and has everyone wrapped around her finger. Even notorious celebrity Chrysalis Magnolia feeds on her hand and takes the bait. She’s that good!

But are these people even aware of her? Apparently, Saucy Socials blogs and rants about her but she’s got no idea about her. Of course, no one really knows Elizabeth Madrid. Simply because she doesn’t exist.

A few months ago, I’ve read book 2 (Properly Scandalous) from this series and admittedly, I wasn’t entirely connected with the main characters. Maybe because I wasn’t able to read this first book first. But now, I fully understand “Elizabeth’s” hot and cold personality, her power of persuasion, and the power of her Midas touch. And this deceitful girl is a little too much!

Mina V. Esguerra has come up with a believable and thought-provoking story of trust, lies, love and deceit, a story that had me all twisted and cautious of the people around me. The author, as always, breathed life to her characters that had let me peeked into their unscrupulous world. Now I wonder if the people I encounter really gave me their real names and weren’t ex-cons? Ugh, just thinking about it makes my head ache. But overall, this had been a very intriguing book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Young and Scambitious.

September 30, 2015 – Shelved