Michelle's Reviews > The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World

The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau

Jan 13, 2011

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in January, 2011

Guillebeau himself clearly states that this book isn't for everyone. If you're someone unwilling to take risks or chances then it's certainly not worth your time.

But, if you're someone who feels that your life is lacking and you're searching for ways to find more fulfillment, less "constraint", more autonomy, then it's a good book to read.

Guillebeau gives the reader the basic foundation of how you can possibly start making those things happen in your life. He describes ways to become an entrapreneur, a world traveler, someone who finds fulfillment in helping others and/or by shirking the hold that a multitude of material possessions and money have over us.

I found several elements of this book very enlightening and easily implementable. Other elements were a big stretch for me to think I could do, though many of them seemed exciting and interesting.

As with any self-help, guidance book the reader will take away from it what they want. I took away some short term goals and mid-term goals I want to meet and ways to potentially meet them.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Non-Conformity.