Kelly's Reviews > Badlands

Badlands by Seleste deLaney

251943
Jan 13, 2011

bookshelves: ebooks, read-in-2011

I always listen to music when I read. Actually, I just always listen to music. While I was reading this book, the song Ghost Town by Shiny Toy Guns came on and started circling in my head. Over and over and over. It was just a few lines of it, but they fit so perfectly that I couldn't shake it.

These are the badlands, the worst place to fear, making graves for the ones we left here.

Perfect. I love it when things like that happen.

This book starts off with a bang and sends us on a high-flying quest into enemy territory to rescue the princess. Being steampunk, we get dirigibles, clockwork critters, corsets, and some uptight morality. We also get one immodest warrior woman who has no problem walking around naked.

All in all, it was a fun little jaunt on an airship with some good battles, some hot glances and some repressed desires. Quick, fun and bloody. Just the way I like it.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Badlands.

Shaunesay I had to go listen to that song since you mentioned it, fun animated video, it cracked me up the way the keyboard toon was posing. *giggle* good song, and now I'll have it in mind while I'm reading!