Jackie (Jackie's Book World) 's Reviews > Inconceivable!

Inconceivable! by Tegan Wren

1996907
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Inconceivable is a touching story that was both realistic and romantic that would ultimately leave you wanting for more.

What immediately attracted me the most was the beautiful cover and the synopsis. I'm a sucker for these types of books that I just couldn't wait to read the book. From the start we get to meet Hatty, she is a reporter who has absolutely no filter when it comes to the things she believes in. She is at a karaoke bar when she stumbles upon a mysterious stranger who ends up been Prince John. His fun personality is magnetic and they both flirt with each other, until is time for them to go their separate ways. When she is assigned to cover the royals, Hatty doesn't know what to do, especially since the royals don't always react well with the press. But it is after they spend time together, that the two start to realize that they are meant to be with each other. Soon their relationship blossoms as the two start dating, but the pressure and rumors that they start to get thrown into starts to shake their relationship. Now Hatty is forced to make a choice of whether to keep pursuing her career or marry the man she loves and leave everything behind. The real thing that starts to make things worse is after they get married, and that is her inability to produce an heir.

There were a lot of things that I liked about the story, it's one of the books that has a very realistic feel to it that makes it that much more intriguing to read. The characters have a lot to overcome and their struggles as individuals and partners is what keeps them stronger. John is your typical charismatic character that is full of live when he first meets Hatty. On the other hand, she is confident and has no filter saying what she thinks. Overall their personalities brings them closer, but it is when they start dating that everything changes. The pace of the story becomes rushed and the characters change very quickly. We get playful at the beginning and serious later on that for me changed the mood of the book. Having to read the struggles that Hatty went through were touching and sad. The theme of infertility was well written in the story that I applaud the author for bringing a sensitive subject to the book. Though I wished some things that happened in the book were better answered at the end, I still liked how the author ended the book. It's not what I expected and that made it even better. I would highly recommend the book to those that are looking for something different in your typical romance books. It's worth picking up. : )

***ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inconceivable!.

September 29, 2015 – Started Reading