Nancy's Reviews > The Deep End of the Ocean

The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard

F 50x66
Jan 12, 2011

Read in January, 1998

I read this book while living in Madison, Wisconson. The book takes place in Madison and is about the kidnapping of a four year old little boy. I had a four year-old son at the time with a similar name. My first introduction to the book was purely happenstance. I was driving down the road and turned to NPR. It happened to be time for "A Chapter A Day." I listened to the story, probably the first or second chapter as I drove and nearly had to pull off the road for crying so hard. I heard only two or so chapters and that was all. For the next year or so, I would pass by this book at the bookstore, too afraid to buy it, but couldn't bring myself to walk past it either. I probably picked up and put this book back down for 5 or 6 trips to the bookstore before I finally had the nerve to read it. The story was 95% excellent. She did seem to lose her focus just a little at the end, but I would still highly recommend this book to anyone. The scenes have stuck with me ever since and my four year old is now driving a car.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deep End of the Ocean.