Belinda's Reviews > Heat Wave

Heat Wave by Richard Castle

bookshelves: tv-show-companion

Great book. Definitely what I expected from what the show is like. I love the show and make a point to watch it every week. It does have a bit of a slow start, but once things get rolling its hard to put it down. I'm looking forward to reading the next book 'Naked Heat.'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat Wave.

Quotes Belinda Liked

Richard Castle
“...but she shook the detective off and her moan revved up into a full-blown 1950's horror film shriek.”

Richard Castle
“Nikki paid attention to nags because they were the voices God gave to clues.”

Richard Castle
“I’m trying to figure the rules. This isn’t yin and yang, it’s more like yin and yank. The past few days I’ve been going, OK, she doesn’t mix the... romance so well with the single-mindedness of the police work. So it gets me wondering, Is the solution for me to give up our working relationship? Stop my magazine research so we can-?”
Nikki grabbed him into a deep kiss. Then she pulled away and said, “Will you shut up?”

Richard Castle
“You’re not leaving. I told you that.” She worked to keep the calm in her tone to counter his fury.
“I’m going to shoot.”
“It’s time to put your gun down, Noah.”
“His blood will be on you.”
Rook made eye contact with her and mouthed, Shoot. Him.
She had no shot and said so with the smallest head shake.”

Richard Castle
“Ochoa pulled the door and held it open for her. Nikki pivoted around the jamb, squaring her aim up the hall. She stopped, still holding her combat stance, shook her head, and mumbled, “Mother...”
...Rook was standing halfway up the hall with Paxton snugged behind him holding the gun to his head. He looked at Nikki sheepishly and said, “So, I’m gonna guess it’s Noah.”

January 12, 2011 – Started Reading