Nadia's Reviews > Say You'll Love Me

Say You'll Love Me by Ally Broadfield

You know how, like, all historical romance novels have a heroine that is always so different than the rest of the brainwashed maidens of the ton, and she's like, always upset she can't meet the high standards set by the society, but secretly revels in her difference? And a dashing rake or scoundrel of a duke, viscount or any other sort of nobleman, falls for the heroine because of her uniqueness among the blandness of all the other girls, who are so booooring in their proper ways.

Well, you're not going to find that in this book. Abigail is not that quirky, one of a kind, heroine and Edmund is certainly not a rake of any sorts. And the thing is, I think there is a reason all those heroines are always different and I have to thank this book for my revelation.

Abigail is SO like those boring, meeting the high standards that are expected of them, always prim and proper, definitely not an orphan type of women the other heroines usually would like to be (but not really), and I'm saying it in the most respectful manner possible, it's because of that, Say You'll Love Me bored me out of my ever-loving mind.

I mean, this is not by any means a long book. I've read way longer books in half the time it took me to read this one. I struggled a lot. It felt really like a chore. And again, I'm not saying it to be mean, it's just how I felt while reading.

In short, the book was uneventful, the characters difficult to relate and like, the sexy times very far from sexy, even the mystery (which was what drew to this book in the first place) was meh. To top it all, the cheesines. My god, the cheesiness. (view spoiler)

In all fairness, I am in a bit of a book slump and it might be getting to me, so don't take this review too seriously.
Read the book and decide for yourself.

Thank you Entangled Publishing, LLC for providing me with an ARC via NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Say You'll Love Me.

September 27, 2015 – Started Reading
October 1, 2015 – Shelved as: frustrating
October 1, 2015 – Shelved as: glad-it-s-over
October 1, 2015 – Shelved as: love-the-cover
October 1, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

★ʜɑʋɘɳ★ You're reading a lot of ARC these days :D

Nadia I got crazy a little. xD

★ʜɑʋɘɳ★ how many did you get approved for? xD