Jade (Bedtime Bookworm)'s Reviews > The Wide, Wide Sea

The Wide, Wide Sea by Patrick Ness

36199917

bookshelves: read-in-2015, genre-sci-fi

This review was originally posted on Bedtime Bookworm ** This is a novella in the Chaos Walking series. Even though events in this book take place long before the beginning of the series, it's best to be read between the second and third book. This review may contain spoilers for previous books in this series. **

Amazing!
It never ceases to amaze me how Patrick Ness can pull at my heartstrings. I loved this novella SO MUCH!! This novella (mostly) doesn't have anything to do with the characters in the rest of the series. There is really only one character in this novella that is present in the rest of the series. This novella is a love story, centered around two new characters. In just 39 pages, Patrick Ness was able to get me so invested in these new characters that there were tears in my eyes before it was over - which I think is amazing considering the length of this novella. I honestly wish I could know more about what happens to these characters - I need to know what happened to them! I'm really glad I read it before Monsters of Men because it gave me a lot of insight into the Spackle.

P.S. This novella is available as a free download from Scrib'd. It also comes included in the newer version of The Ask and The Answer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wide, Wide Sea.

Started Reading
September 1, 2015 – Finished Reading
September 26, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 26, 2015 – Shelved
September 27, 2015 –
51.0% "#SlayThatSeries - I love this story already!"
September 27, 2015 –
100.0% "#SlayThatSeries - loved it!"
October 2, 2015 – Shelved as: read-in-2015