Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly's Reviews > Deep Kiss of Winter

Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole

Jan 12, 2011

bookshelves: vampires, paranormal-romance, shapeshifters, bdsm
Recommended to Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly by: Kresley and Gena lovers as well as anybody who loves PNR

Untouchable by Kresley Cole is found in Deep Kiss of Winter.

Untouchable is the 8th book in Kresley Cole's Iad series and is the story of Daniela and Murdoch Wroth

Daniela the Ice Maiden was a Valkyrie and part ice fey so she could only be touched by her own people or she would feel major pain. Murdoch Wroth was a vampire in the Forbearer Army and had been blooded by Daniela but how was he to claim her if he couldn't touch her?

The thing that I really loved about this was that though Murdoch was a notorious player in his human life, he continuously screwed up with Daniela. I loved that! Though it's small of me to take pleasure out of someones pain, even if they are a fictional character! Another great thing was that at the end we are able to see all four of the brothers with their Brides as a big family celebrating the Holiday. The cool thing about this series is that each book/love story is happening at the same time. The characters are all connected to each-other in some way or another.

Tempt Me Eternally by Gena Showalter is found in Deep Kiss of Winter

This book is the 5th in Gena Showalter's Alien Huntress series

Aleaha Love can change her appearance at will, however she cannot be her real self so she has taken on the identity of an AIR (alien investigation and removal) agent. That would be a great job if she had any idea what to do. That was what she was thinking as she found herself in the middle of a mission in which she and her team were to stop an alien invasion. In this invasion comes Breean, a Rakan. A gorgeous male with an even better scent. Breean has brought what remained of his people to Earth because their home planet had been over run by the Schon.

This was the second book of the Alien Huntress series that I've read and I must say that I loved it. I had thought that I wouldn't because the other book in the series that I had read didn't exactly float my boat. Though Breean was totally full of himself (I can understand the reasoning behind that) I couldn't help but to admire that he wanted the "real" Aleaha. While all she wanted was to be herself, he wanted the same thing. The fact that he didn't stop wanting her when she shifted to other forms was awesome.

This book was majorly filled with hotness. Something I always love in a book. The sexy scent attraction thing that the Rakan males had going on made me want to dive into their world and do some sniffing of my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Kiss of Winter.

January 12, 2011 – Shelved
January 17, 2011 – Started Reading
January 17, 2011 – Shelved as: vampires
January 17, 2011 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
January 22, 2011 –
page 305
January 22, 2011 –
page 305
58.65% "I'm gonna have to disappoint my OCBD friends and read Gena's 1/2 out of order. I waited till this came out in paperback for IAD but I can't afford to go get all of the Alien Huntress books!"
January 24, 2011 – Shelved as: shapeshifters
January 24, 2011 – Finished Reading
February 26, 2011 – Shelved as: bdsm

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm having a love affair with the Alien Huntress books. I think her YA ones are better in a odd way. I just seem to like them better.

Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly I haven't read any of the YA AH books though I do know a couple of other ppl who like them.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I was worried about reading them cause I was nearly disgusted with her other series 'Intertwined' I just didn't get it lol.

But I was totally surprised and happy with Red Handed, I'm reading Blacklisted and nearly done right now and its just as good.

Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly I liked Intertwined but I would't rate it a 5. What didn't you like about it? I haven't yet read Unraveled but I have it in my TBR pile.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I have read both, and the characters just get under my skin. I'm not connecting with them like I normally do Showalter's characters. It made me angry because I will read the next one because I want to like them.

I only like Riley right now at this point. It is not clicking and it annoys me because I normally like Gena, well I had issues with how she ended Atlantis and I was very attached to her Atlantis series.

Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly @ Lindsey: I licked the Atlantis books. Some more then others.Heart of the Dragonand The Vampire's Bride were my favs out of it.

@ Sarah: I know, right? Very inventive of Murdoch!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

See, I was fighting with myself on The Vampire's Bride. I thought she just rushed a series of endings with a bunch of characters because she got bored with Atlantis and just wanted it over with. So, now I'm dragging my feet on reading Amazon's Curse. I was so sad, honestly because I LOVED LOVED LOVED Heart of the Dragon! I was also a big fan of The Nymph King it just did it for me lol.

I'm just hoping she never gets bored with her Alien Huntress books or her LOTU I might have to write her a letter lol