Jade at's Reviews > Laid Out

Laid Out by Sidney Halston

Sep 26, 2015

Even though this is the fourth book in the series, it can be read as a stand alone. I read it as a standalone but could tell the supporting characters were probably introduced in earlier books but this was still a good book. I may go back and get the other books. It has been a few months since a book could actually keep my attention and make me want to read. This book did that for me. I couldn't wait to get back to Violet and Cain's story.

These two along with Jeremy grew up together as army brats. These three were the best of friends. They supported each other in every way. Violet has always had a crush on Cain. Upon the first deployment of Cain and Jeremy things happen and it deepens the Crush for Violet. Cain however, knows that Jeremy has a crush on Violet. Cain bows out and lets Jeremy gets Violet's attention. Cain thinks that Jeremy is a better guy for Violet.

Cain tries to keep his distant from Violet. He tries to keep her as a friend but is having a hard time.
To try to help keep his distant, he takes special missions or when he is not on a mission, he treats Violet like crap.

Will these things end their friendship or will things heat up? Go grab it to find out.

5 Stars
~Jade
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Laid Out.

Started Reading