Sarah Spelbring's Reviews > Ghosts Among Us: Uncovering the Truth About the Other Side

Ghosts Among Us by James Van Praagh

liked it

I started reading this book thinking it would be along the lines of all those ghost shows on tv. Like, the guys who take all this equipment with them and sit in a supposed haunted building all night and then review what they captured in the morning.

Nope. This is a more mystical take on communicating with ghost. The book goes a bit into what the after life is for ghosts, or the spiritual energy everyone has inside them. He talks about auras, chakras, the power of thought, the power of energy, and how a person never really dies.

It was a lot to take in, having never had an interest in chakras, Van Praagh explains the basics, and how others' energies (ghosts, or even other peoples') can affect it, which in turn causes us to have issues. Same with auras, how our auras can change based on the energies around it. It was, a little eye opening.

It wasn't all his mystical knowledge, there were stories of readings he's done, both for the average man on the street and a few celebrities he's encountered. He also revealed what he thought the after life was like based on his near-death experience and from his visits with ghosts on the other side.

Some of the ideas he presented were similar to my own thoughts about what happens after we die. Such as, I believe in reincarnation, and that when we die we get to see those who have gone before us (grandparents, family pets, etc), James addresses all those things and more. If you're at all interested in this kind of stuff, give this book a read. I mean, I found a copy at the Dollar Tree so you might as well! As a side note, this is not a religious read, he does touch on it to a degree, but it's not the main focus of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghosts Among Us.

September 26, 2015 – Shelved