Jennifer Pierson's Reviews > Decline

Decline by Michelle Irwin

I freakin LOVE this book, and Declan. What I'm not so clear about, is why Michelle Irwin is trying to kill me?!

Declan Reede is finally living his dreams of racing for his favorite team, Sinclair Racing. He is very successful, has a foul mouth, and is a giant manwhore after leaving Alyssa, the girl he loves, behind. After 4 years, a chance glimpse of Alyssa in the stands at a race, has all his old feelings choking him. He can't sleep, can't focus, and is coming close to breaking the team record for DNF's (did not finish). His life is quickly spiraling out of control, and he doesn't know how to stop it. Will he be able to find peace before he crashes and burns literally?

WOW! Decline caught my attention quickly, held me hostage throughout, and left me enraged at the cliffhanger ending. This may not go over well, and trust me, I don't say this lightly, but even though Declan is out of control, I don't see it as all his fault. Does he need to get it together? A thousand times yes, but I feel Alyssa has half the blame for her choices. The story is a HUGE emotional ride, with a HUGE secret that throat punched me. Character development is fantastic, with a fabulous storyline that flows very smoothly. Since I needed the next book yesterday, it's going to be impossible to patiently wait. Congrats Michelle Irwin on an AMAZING story, AND making the list of authors trying to kill me! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decline.

September 24, 2015 – Started Reading