Proud2b4family's Reviews > Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown

Aftershock by David Wiedemer

U 50x66
Jan 11, 2011

bookshelves: currently-reading

I'm liking this book so far. It's written in layman's terms enough that I don't feel I'm being lectured by Alan Greenspan. The authors know their stuff. They've correctly predicted macroeconomic events about which others were in complete denial, or they missed entirely.

What is most convincing is their argument that the economy as we once knew it (a series of up/down market cycles) is forever gone. America went from an agrarian/industrial economy that could be predicted to a consumerism-driven economy where valuations were disproportional to underlying assets. In short, we counted our chickens before they hatched and didn't realize there wasn't even a rooster in the henhouse to begin with. Now all the hens have been eaten and there are no more to lay the eggs.

Two more bubbles to go before complete worldwide financial collapse occurs. Do you know what those bubbles are? And do you know how to protect your assets even when nobody can foresee exactly when those bubbles will pop?

Read this book and find out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aftershock.