Amy | Foxy Blogs's Reviews > Today Matters: 12 Daily Practices to Guarantee Tomorrow's Success

Today Matters by John C. Maxwell

bookshelves: 2015-books, 5-star-2015, headphones, library2go, september-2015

Every once, in awhile, I to go to my first love in reading; non-fiction. I really enjoy John C. Maxwell because he’s a motivational speaker who uses Christian values to share his thoughts on different subjects. His book, Today Matters, can be used by any faith system. Don’t let the word “Christian” hold you up from reading this book because it’s not a bunch of ideas set to scripture.

TODAY MATTERS and there are 12 principles to put into practice.

♥Attitude: Choose and display the right attitude daily.
♥Priorities: Determine and act on important priorities daily.
♥Health: Know and follow healthy guidelines daily.
♥Family: Communicate with and care for my family daily.
♥Thinking: Practice and develop good thinking daily.
♥Commitment: Make and keep proper commitments daily.
♥Finances: Make and properly manage dollars daily.
♥Faith: Deepen and live out my faith daily.
♥Relationships: Initiate and invest in solid relationships daily.
♥Generosity: Plan for and model generosity daily.
♥Values: Embrace and practice good values daily.
♥Growth: Seek and experience improvements daily.

Throughout each chapter the author gives examples on how to embrace the values he discuss. If you don’t have your own core value set that you base your life off of, then some of these might be a good starting point for you to consider investing your time and energy into.

”By making today great, you can make your life great, because when you take care of today, tomorrow will take care of itself.”

descriptive text here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Today Matters.

Started Reading
September 23, 2015 – Shelved
September 23, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-books
September 23, 2015 – Shelved as: 5-star-2015
September 23, 2015 – Shelved as: headphones
September 23, 2015 – Shelved as: library2go
September 23, 2015 – Finished Reading
October 4, 2015 – Shelved as: september-2015

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Nita (new)

Nita Kohli Nice review and great to see you reading something so different! I too don't read much of nonfiction but this year I read few and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Amy | Foxy Blogs Nita wrote: "Nice review and great to see you reading something so different! I too don't read much of nonfiction but this year I read few and I thoroughly enjoyed them."

Thanks, Nita ❤️
I love non fiction. It's what I read basically up to three years ago when I started romance.
I think I've only worked in 3 or 4 non fictions this year. Which ones have you read this year?

message 3: by Nita (new)

Nita Kohli Amy (Foxy) wrote: "Nita wrote: "Nice review and great to see you reading something so different! I too don't read much of nonfiction but this year I read few and I thoroughly enjoyed them."

Thanks, Nita ❤️
I love n..."

Okay!! I did not know that. May be you could suggest me some, I would love that!
Well I read few but my fav was "The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History" - it was really good!

Amy | Foxy Blogs Nita, I just checked out your review and also saw the book was - WINNER OF THE PULITZER PRIZE.
Awesome!!

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Wow. What a wonderful concept. I should check this out.

Amy | Foxy Blogs Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "Wow. What a wonderful concept. I should check this out."

Yay, Stephanie ♥ Check your library for it. I hope you enjoy it too

message 7: by Hom (new) - added it

Hom Hein Great points

Amy | Foxy Blogs Hom wrote: "Great points"

Thanks!!