Renee W. Tyler, Battery Operated Book Blog's Reviews > Decline

Decline by Michelle Irwin

Read 2 times

"It was only when I put the car in drive that I stopped. I froze because I didn't want to run. Not this time. I wanted her. More than that, I wanted to deserve her." ~ Declan

I am going to start off with saying that by no way will reading the first book, Decide, will it prepare you for all that will happen in this story. Michelle Irwin kept my emotions tied in knots as if I was strapped into that PRO V8 and speeding around the track myself.

We meet up with Delcan in this story as he has just seen Alyssa from a distance at the race track. He finds himself unprepared for the emotions that overtake his thoughts and add to that the fact that she was with another guy just seems to add fuel to an already burning fire. He has done everything he can to exile her from his thoughts and memories, but it just doesn't seem to work. He has left behind everything that connected him to her just to try and forget what his heart refuses to.

Alyssa has been faced with a much different life that she has ever expected and even though she still cares for Declan she knows that she needs to let him go. But the pull and hold that he has on her refuses to allow her to even think that that is a real possibility. She has continued on with her life, even though she has faced my battles, but still managed to hold her head up his and overcome each one with more determination and overall strength.

Again, I will say that I was so not prepared for all that takes place in this story. There were points that I could say that I would have loved to have run over Delcan with his very own car, and then there were times that I wish I would have had a box of kleenex sitting beside me. The way that this story unfolds is spectacular. I could never in my wildest dreams imagined the outcome. Now with that being said, I will place a warning on here, because it does in fact leave us with a cliffhanger that is not to be out until the end of the year. So be prepared for that, but even with that, this book is still amazing and a must read for everyone. Again, you will never image all that takes place, but it will be well worth the anger, laughter, tears and suspense that you will endure. Michelle Irwin, please and I say this begging, please get the next book ready and yes I will have my kleenex on hand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decline.

Finished Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
Finished Reading
September 13, 2015 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
September 23, 2015 – Shelved