SamJ ★Needs a HEA★'s Reviews > The Moonshadow's Daughter

The Moonshadow's Daughter by Kaylie Newell

Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received via netgalley in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont Paranormal Romance
Series : - 3rd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 4 stars

★Review★

So, I did not know when I got this that it was the 3rd in the series, my fault entirely, and while there were some references made to things that had happened in the previous 2 books, I still enjoyed it, but I wold advise that it is read in order however, as the heroine's back story was not massively touched on in this book, and clearly had happened in one of the previous books.

However, I did enjoy this. There was a dark creepy thread woven throughout the story. It was actually quite tense at times.

And while it did feel like there was a bit of insta lust/love going on, it actually managed to not feel rushed.

The hero for me, maybe thought about his dead wife a touch too much but then it had not really been that long, so it still felt like he was in the first throes of grief and still struggling due to that. Yet, it just managed to avoid it feeling like the love between the hero and heroine was second best. Just. So thankfully I did not end the story thinking that the hero still wished for his wife back. It was more a sorrow for what she would miss and how she had died.

The author has managed to neatly blend a tense creepy story, with a believable romance, despite the rather recent loss of the hero's wife. It was very well done, and I will be going back to read book 1 and 2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moonshadow's Daughter.

September 23, 2015 – Shelved