Comicfairy (Leanne)'s Reviews > The Fury / Dark Reunion

The Fury / Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith

Jan 11, 2011

liked it

I grew up on LJ Smith and though this is a good series, she has better. In terms of general environment, the books are definitely spookier and more atmospheric than their TV counterpart. In terms of actual plot, I would honestly just recommend the TV show. I don't think I've EVER said that before in a review, but it is true in this case. Stefan and Elena (in the books) are a very boring couple. I was always disappointed that Elena did not end up with Damon in the books, who was always more intriguing as a male character than his brother. LJ Smith has a history of not pairing many of her bad boys with their female protagonists (Nick of the "Secret Circle" & Julian of "Forbidden Games") for some reason and this saddens me. Still, apparently Smith has decided to tack on a few recent additional VD stories to give Damon more of a dominant role, so maybe she'll do the same thing for Forbidden Games. A girl can hope! =P

Also, for the people who insist on comparing this to freaking Twilight: No, it isn't all that similar and predates Twilight by over 15 years. Comparing these books to Twilight is doing them a huge disservice.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fury / Dark Reunion.

Valerie I'm having the same problem. The TV series is amazing and usually I'm a very big advocate for novels over tv shows. Simply not the case here, which is a shame.