Rosa, really's Reviews > Jesse's Diner

Jesse's Diner by Cardeno C.

bookshelves: mm-gay-fiction, mm-fave-authors

I've got a song stuck in my head.

Except my version goes "You know I wish that I had Jesse's guy! I wish that I had Jessie's guy! Where can I find a fellow like that?"

*clears throat* Anyway.

Tanner is a shy 22 year old virgin who has major crush on muscular 39 year widower Steve Faus (aka Jesse's guy). Steve's son (Tanner's best friend) convinces Tanner to visit Steve to make sure he's doing alright. This quickly leads to smuff. I'm talking about smut and fluff, people, something at which Cardeno excels. Tanner and Steve are just so sweet and sexy together.

I only have a couple of teeny tiny niggles. Both are just my own thing, really. First, I do like how Cardeno creates characters that know each other before the start of the novella (which is true of both this one and the first book in the series, McFarland's Farm). That way it doesn't feel totally unrealistic when they start whipping out the "I love you's." However, in this book I still felt like the relationship between Tanner and Steve happened quite suddenly. I was as shocked as Tanner when Steve started flirting with him. (Though what the hell did I think was going to happen? It's a freaking romance novel.) Maybe that's because Steve's a widower. Yeah, it's been a year and a half, but I'm weird about widows and widowers. Normally I avoid books where someone's lost their life partner because I feel uncomfortable with it for whatever reason. But this is Cardeno and I couldn't resist -- and I'm glad I didn't.

My other niggle is the whole virgin thing. I love books with virgins but what's up with people who think that if they've never had a dick in their hoo haa (whether their hoo haa is a vagina or an anus) they're still a virgin? Tanner and Steve spend a week sharing a bed, sharing bodily fluids, but they agree Tanner's still a virgin because there hasn't been any of the old in and out. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the first deep dickin' scene, but in my mind if you're picking flakes of cum off your stomach, or any other area, you are no longer a virgin.

Anyway, this is a sweet, fluffy, feel good read -- just what we want most in a Cardeno book. I definitely recommend it. Also, at the very end of this novella there's a really lovely dedication from Cardeno to a friend who seems to have passed on. *can't speak* *verklempt* It is so touching and I love what it says about friendships. The dedication alone is worth the price of admission.

3.5*

**ARC was received from the author in exchange for an honest review.**
***********************************************
Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh!

I've got an ARC!

P.S. I love you, Sandra!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jesse's Diner.

September 22, 2015 – Shelved
September 22, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 22, 2015 – Shelved as: mm-gay-fiction
September 23, 2015 – Started Reading
September 24, 2015 – Finished Reading
September 25, 2015 – Shelved as: mm-fave-authors

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ I hope this one works out for you & you don't have to leave an guilty reviews. ;)

Rosa, really Me too, buddy! :)

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ Sorry you got trolled BTW. Trolls are lame.

Rosa, really So lame!

message 5: by Trisha (new) - added it

Trisha Harrington Yay! Congrats! :D

message 7: by Meep (last edited Sep 23, 2015 12:30AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Meep Congrats, it sounds interesting :D

ARCS and Trolls - you're becoming one of the elite!

Rosa, really Meep wrote: "Congrats, it sounds interesting :D

ARCS and Trolls - you're becoming one of the elite!"

True.

;D

message 9: by Gigi (new) - added it

Gigi Gif win!!

Rosa, really Gigi wrote: "Gif win!!"

You like baby!Colin? I just wanna throw him on the ground and suck on his collar bone for awhile.

Sandra love you too!!

Rosa, really Aw! Thanks, buddy. I just finished this book! Gonna write up a review now. Now-ish, anyway.

Sandra I just started it.

message 14: by Meep (new) - rated it 1 star

Meep Hurry up!
I preordered and want to know what its like ;)

Rosa, really Meep wrote: "Hurry up!
I preordered and want to know what its like ;)"

Rosa, really Meep wrote: "Hurry up!

Okay! Done! *phew*

message 17: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Great review! Sounds like some ooey gooey goodness!!

message 18: by Meep (new) - rated it 1 star

Meep Rosa, really wrote: "Meep wrote: "Hurry up!
I preordered and want to know what its like ;)"

So impatient, my Meep! :) I liked it--3.5 round up to 4. Save it for when you need a sweet, fluffy read."

Exactly what I'm in the mood for now.

message 19: by Meep (new) - rated it 1 star

Meep Rosa, really wrote: "Meep wrote: "Hurry up!

Okay! Done! *phew*"

Lol well done ;)
The recent widower bit is niggling at me a year and a half is nothing to grief of someone close.
Story sounds fluffy though and just finished listening to Perfect Imperfections

Rosa, really Meep wrote: "Rosa, really wrote: "Meep wrote: "Hurry up!

Okay! Done! *phew*"

Lol well done ;)
The recent widower bit is niggling at me a year and a half is noth..."

Thanks! I think it depends on the person, on the relationship.

Rosa, really Rachel wrote: "Great review! Sounds like some ooey gooey goodness!!"

Thanks, buddy! Yep, it is. :)

message 22: by D (new) - added it

D Gonna read it because of the awesome review!

ADDED IT!

Rosa, really D wrote: "Gonna read it because of the awesome review!

ADDED IT!"

Thank you so much, D! I hope you enjoy it. :)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ "deep dickin' scene"

*hugs Rosa*

Are you copyright protecting that?

Rosa, really Workin' on the application. :D

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~ I'm gonna use it until it's illegal not to.

Rosa, really Ha! You'll know when it's illegal cuz you'll get a bill charging you out the yang.

message 28: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate Reads "Smuff" is my new favorite word.

Rosa, really Miss Kate wrote: ""Smuff" is my new favorite word."

It's awesome, yeah? :)

message 30: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate Reads Rosa, really wrote: "Miss Kate wrote: ""Smuff" is my new favorite word."

It's awesome, yeah? :)"