Maura's Reviews > Fallen Angel

Jan 10, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: read-2011
Read from January 10 to 11, 2011

This was an enjoyable book. Not exactly perfect, but good. Being the author's debut novel I give her credit for coming up with an interesting back story for fallen angels. Though, personally, I wouldn't have called this Fallen Angel as it makes the whole "vampire" theory unbelievable. As the readers already know what supernatural beings the characters are. The ending was intense and definitely left me wanting more. I'm excited for the second book.

The first half of the book was slow, but kept my interest. Then the second part was a real page-turner. I literally could not put the book down. My math teacher yelled at me to put the book away while in class.

Even though I love the whole idea Heather Terrell has created, including her characterization of Ellie, I couldn't help but notice a few things. Somethings that I believe could of been work on. Remember this is just my opinion. One out of a million. I thought the romance was to fast which made it unbelievable, that the characters descriptions was lacking in ways making it harder to imagine the characters. How the teenagers interacted were to cliche and unrealistic, making the dialogue drag down with it. I also thought that Ellie thoughts went back and fourth to much making it confusing of what she actually felt. Honestly I thought Ellie was a strong character at the beginning and at the end, but not during the middle.

The only thing that I really give thumbs up for, other then the angel myth, is how the villain is written. Even though he's not in it enough, in my belief, I thought he was perfectly created. You really got a eerie feeling when he was talk about or was feature in a chapter.

That's all I really have to say. Overall it's a good book. I didn't per say love it, but it was alright. Some questions and plot twists were left unanswered, so I'll definitely be looking out for Eternity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen Angel.

01/10/2011 page 100