Runningrabbit's Reviews > Sentinel Lost

Sentinel Lost by A.E.  Jones

I love this series from A E Jones: plenty of action, great support characters with good repartee and a bit of loving that nearly made it to love triangle status, but tactfully escaped by the skin of the teeth. Excellent.

The first half of the series was slow but managed to pick up pace just before it it took a flying leap to the 'finish later ' shelf.

The story continues on with the tumultuous life of Kyle and, which ever way you see it, could be considered good or bad. Nevertheless the story soldiers on with epiphanies and new resolutions.

What makes this novel stand out for me, aside from the excellent storytelling, is the fine grasp of both hip colloquialisms and flowing dialogue. The ultimate appeal and success, is that by the end the author injects both new characters and new material that causes the reader want to keep going and launch into the next book.

And wait for it no cliffhanger! For solid lover's of Chloe Neill, Karen Chance, Laurell K Hamilton and Charlaine Harris.

Sex quotient: absolutely no problem with commuter worthiness.
Soundtrack https://youtu.be/RjM9T-yanz0

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sentinel Lost.

Quotes Runningrabbit Liked

A.E.  Jones
A.E. Jones, Sentinel Lost

A.E.  Jones
“He unfolded his arms and moved to the side. I was fine with that. Again with the glowering, though. Seen that, done it myself. So last year.”
A.E. Jones, Sentinel Lost

September 21, 2015 – Shelved
October 7, 2015 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
October 7, 2015 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
October 7, 2015 –
page 15
4.63% "“Something not from earth,” Jean Luc said. The setup was too perfect. Misha looked at me, and I sighed, dreading what he would be unable to stop himself from saying next. “Live long and prosper.”" (Kindle Edition)
October 8, 2015 –
page 75
23.15% "“I don’t need to sow any damn oats. What are you two, the supernatural version of Thelma and Louise?” “Hardly,” Talia scoffed. “This car is a classic. No way would I drive it off a cliff.”" (Kindle Edition)
October 8, 2015 –
page 88
27.16% "Let me express myself: Aggghhh, please, I beg of you, don't make this a love triangle!!!!!" (Kindle Edition)
October 8, 2015 – Shelved as: angels
October 8, 2015 – Shelved as: shifters
October 8, 2015 – Shelved as: supernatural
October 8, 2015 – Shelved as: vampires
October 8, 2015 – Shelved as: werewolves
October 8, 2015 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
October 9, 2015 – Started Reading