Tamara's Reviews > Cast in Shadow

Cast in Shadow by Michelle Sagara

it was ok

I just don't understand this book. World building is nonexistent and character development is lacking. I love the story but I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON! The story starts and is written as if this is book two, like I was already knowledgeable on what's going on. The author is jumpy, talking about one thing then going to another within one sentence. And the scenes happen too fast I don't even know what happened.

The main character just does things. She's completely impulsive and I don't get to just understand. Names and titles are given, I don't know them and don't get a disruption. Characters are of different mammal types that I don't understand. Languages that bounce off that I don't get. And background stories that make no sense. If the MC knows someone, we only get to understand that "she knows them," but that's all. Oh and present actions have no understandings of them.

A good story with good writing written horribly in a sense that a book before this would have been better. Why does the author think I'd understand her train of thought if she doesn't give me something to read and understand.

Well this review has a lot of "understand." When a book lacks understanding, it isn't a book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cast in Shadow.

September 19, 2015 – Started Reading
September 19, 2015 – Shelved
September 26, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Aj the Ravenous Reader Lol. I enjoyed reading this review so much, Tammy. Maybe there is a prequel of some sort. Your last line is perfection.hehe

Tamara *bows down* Hehe thank you Aj!

message 3: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Ouch. I hope the next one turns out to be better. My fingers are crossed for you Tammy ;)

Tamara If I pick it up anytime soon.....But thank you T!!!