Runningrabbit's Reviews > Midnight Falls

Midnight Falls by McKenzie Hunter

I really love this series from McKenzie Hunter . Our woman of the moment, despite all her abilities, is so very human, and it is ultimately her humanity that drives her to make some really unpopular decisions with alarming regularity.

The series launches with Skylar’s evolution from her background as a werewolf hidden in a contemporary world by her adoptive mother, through to the discovery of her magical abilities which seem to be of dubious origins. It is through this facet of Skylar’s life which thrusts her into a position she doesn’t want to be in. Life doesn’t offer her any positive choices and she becomes a victim of manipulation by others.
 photo wolfgirl_zpsusxfnmpj.jpg
Let’s face it, Skylar seems really good at putting her foot in it, tripping over her proverbial tongue. It is these choices which push Skylar in directions beyond her control, and her naivety rears its ugly head. Others claim she makes bad and dangerous choices that poorly reflect on the Midwest Pack. Her choices are frequently taken from with alarming regularity as she is manipulated once again.

The enigmatic and mysterious Quell takes a step back when Skylar's own choices don’t correspond to his own expectations, and things keep getting more complicated.

And need I mention Ethan, as his motives and interest remain a confusing issue for her. His own background and abilities become more obvious in this third novel, and draw the reader's interest in the series to a whole new level. His past lover Chris, continues to keep her life in their world as secretive as ever, and her vast amount of how-to and amazing insights into the immediate world surrounding them prove to be boundless.

The witches become a particular bane in Skylar’s life, as the quest for power amongst the magical community turns into a vicious race for the ultimate weapon. This is where the book develops and introduces more characters keeping up the reader's thirst for knowledge as the book injects new material.

I’m trying to keep all hints of spoilers from this review, whilst succinctly hinting at the secrets within Skylar’s world. Enter if you dare and live hand in hand with Skylar and the insurmountable confusion that drives her life…

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Falls.

Started Reading
September 19, 2015 – Shelved as: supernatural
September 19, 2015 – Shelved as: vampires
September 19, 2015 – Shelved as: werewolves
September 19, 2015 – Shelved as: witches

message 1: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review RR! :)