Norma * Traveling Sister's Reviews > Yes Please

Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Read 2 times. Last read February 9, 2017 to February 11, 2017.

3.5 stars ~ Having YES PLEASE sitting on my Kobo shelf for quite a while unread I decided to give the audio version a try as my sister Brenda listens to audiobooks frequently and told me that I must give it a try. So now I have, Brenda! lol

I found this book to be entertaining and I really liked that AMY POEHLER was the narrator of her own autobiography. To be totally honest I don't really know what actually attracted me to this book in the first place because I don't know too much about Amy Poehler. I think I just wanted to see what she was about and I must say that I think I might know her just a little better. I got a good sense of her personality and sense of humour listening to YES PLEASE and I couldn't help laugh out loud a few times.

I enjoyed it and I will be listening to more audiobooks in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yes Please.

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)

Elyse Walters I loved the audiobook!
I hope that's what you're listening to :)

Norma * Traveling Sister Yup, that is what I am listening to. My first audiobook! I think I chose a good one. :)

Brenda - Traveling Sister How do you like listening to this one?

Norma * Traveling Sister I am liking it!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Great review, Norma. So glad you enjoyed listening. Have you watched Park and Recreation? We loved her in it and have had many laughts watching the show.

Norma * Traveling Sister Brenda wrote: "Great review, Norma. So glad you enjoyed listening. Have you watched Park and Recreation? We loved her in it and have had many laughts watching the show."

Thank you, Brenda. No, I have never watched Park and Recreation....I think I will give it a look now though.

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Great review! :)

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Great review Norma!

message 10: by PorshaJo (new)

PorshaJo Nice review Norma! And yeah for more audio books. I love them but when I read I have to read print. I have a Kobo but have never used it.

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen Great review, Norma!

message 12: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Norma!!

Norma * Traveling Sister Kaceey wrote: "Great review Norma!"

Kristin (KC) wrote: "Great review! :)"

Thank you so much Kaceey & Kristin! :)

Norma * Traveling Sister PorshaJo wrote: "Nice review Norma! And yeah for more audio books. I love them but when I read I have to read print. I have a Kobo but have never used it."

Thanks so much PorshaJo! I am already picking out my next audiobook not sure which one yet but I'm looking. Even after reading eBooks I need to read one I can hold right after. I don't feel totally satisfied unless I am actually holding a book. I actually just read Kobo books on my iPad.

Norma * Traveling Sister Thank you so much Jen & Deanna!

message 16: by Diane (new)

Diane nice review!

Norma * Traveling Sister Thank you Diana! :)

message 18: by Frances (new)

Frances Gosh you are on a roll Norma!! I'm still plodding along with one book!!! Nice review!!!

Norma * Traveling Sister Frances wrote: "Gosh you are on a roll Norma!! I'm still plodding along with one book!!! Nice review!!!"

You are the third person that has said that to me, Frances! LOL
I am trying not too read so fast......
I don't watch TV and read late in the evening because I don't sleep real well. Thank you so much!

message 20: by Frances (last edited Feb 13, 2017 07:20PM) (new)

Frances Norma wrote: "Frances wrote: "Gosh you are on a roll Norma!! I'm still plodding along with one book!!! Nice review!!!"

You are the third person that has said that to me, Frances! LOL
I am trying not too read so..."

Must admit Norma, telly is my whole evening until bed time! lol

Norma * Traveling Sister Frances wrote: "Norma wrote: "Frances wrote: "Gosh you are on a roll Norma!! I'm still plodding along with one book!!! Nice review!!!"

I am trying n..."

Hubby would like me to be watching TV with him but he always watches shows that don't interest me much. lol
I am usually on Goodreads or reading. :)

message 22: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Strong Great review Norma!!

message 23: by Donna (new)

Donna Very Nice Review Norma!!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Excellent review Norma! Looks good!

Norma * Traveling Sister Susanne wrote: "Great review Norma!!"

Thank you so much, Susanne! I like listening or reading celebrity memoirs sometimes. :)

Norma * Traveling Sister Donna wrote: "Very Nice Review Norma!!"

Thank you so much, Donna! :)

Norma * Traveling Sister Mary wrote: "Excellent review Norma! Looks good!"

Thank you so much, Mary Beth! It was pretty good. She was pretty easy to listen to and enjoyable. :)

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Great review Norma! I am yet to listen to an audiobook, I will have to give it a go! :)

Vanessa A good audio is hard to find, so I'm glad your first experience was enjoyable :)

Norma * Traveling Sister Amanda wrote: "Great review Norma! I am yet to listen to an audiobook, I will have to give it a go! :)"

Thanks so much, Amanda! I do find it a little challenging staying focused while listening to an audiobook but does seem to be a little easier the more I listen to. :) I hope that you will enjoy audio if you decide to give it a try! :)

Norma * Traveling Sister Vanessa wrote: "A good audio is hard to find, so I'm glad your first experience was enjoyable :)"

Thanks Vanessa! I agree, I have started a few and just couldn't finish. I definitely need a good narrator. :)