Carrie's Reviews > Alice in Zombieland

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

liked it

Alice Bell has always thought her father was a bit crazy, never wanting the family out at night her father swore there were monsters out there that would get them. One horrible night though the family is out and gets in an accident where Ali loses her whole family and sees that her father was never crazy at all.

Now, Ali has met Cole Holland and is immediately drawn to him. Cole has his own secrets though that may prove to be dangerous. But Ali is determined that she will learn to fight and battle the monsters that took her family away from her.

Alice in Zombieland is a huge reminder to not judge a book by it's cover. I think anyone will think much the same that I did that this would be Wonderland with zombies....no, not even close. I suppose I should have paid more attention to other reviewers so I might not have been as disappointed in the end.

I will say I will give the author credit that while this book has you thinking of the brain eating dead people she took the story and gave it her own style in regards to the zombies. I was just never quite sure if her version worked for me or not but points for giving something different for that part of the story.

However, the rest of this seemed to follow the old YA formula of insta-love and teen drama instead of Alice in Wonderland but the story is far away from the original so I think that may also disappoint the retelling fans.

Overall, I settled on three stars for this one. I'm in no rush to continue but some of the ideas in here were creative enough that I still enjoyed the originality.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice in Zombieland.

September 18, 2015 – Shelved