Erica's Reviews > Center of Gravity

Center of Gravity by Laura McNeill

Sep 18, 2015

Wow. Just wow. Center of Gravity was so much more than I expected, the blurb gives you the impression that secrets and lies and there definitely are, but it's so much deeper than that.
Ava and Mitchell's relationship made me pause from nearly the beginning. His behavior, level of control he had to have over Ava was the first warning sign, I found myself saying leave now but that would have been too easy.
Laura McNeill weaves a brilliant and disturbing tale of a husband with some serious abandonment issues that he covers by being in complete control of his little world and those in it. He has a strong dislike for women, women who don't cower to men to be more specific.
And Ava, thinking initially she's found her prince charming, learns just a short year and a half into her marriage that things are not as they seem with her husband and though she's blind to most of his behavior she finally finds her strength and realizes she has to fight back for her children's sake.
Ava had me worried, I wasn't sure she was ever going to man up but thankfully she did, I love a strong heroine and she pulled through for me in the end.

Center of Gravity was my first book by the author, I love finding a new to me author that makes my jaw drop, and McNeill did just that. I look forward to exploring more of her books soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Center of Gravity.

Started Reading
September 18, 2015 – Shelved
September 18, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura McNeill Thank you so much for the lovely comments and thoughtful review. Your post means the world to me and really made my day!

I hope you will check out Sister Dear April 19, 2016! I'm pretty proud of my "next baby!"

xo, Laura