Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The Haunting of Maddy Clare

The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James

Sep 18, 2015

bookshelves: read-2016

I've been wanting to read more of Simone St. James books since I read Lost Among the Living a couple of months ago. I love books with either very much paranormal or just a hint of it. And, ghosts I find is a fascinating subject. So, I hoped that The Haunting of Maddy Clare would work for me.

The Haunting of Maddy Clare has all the right ingredients for a great story. A vengeful spirit, a budding love story, a mystery, and great characters. I did find Sarah Piper a bit too timid for my taste at first, but as the story progressed did I find myself liking her more and more and I did like Matthew and Alistair very much. But, unlike Sarah, I think I did find Alistair a bit more to my liking than Matthew, but at least it was not written as a triangle drama (thank God). I think Alistair tragic love story with a married woman and his past experience with ghost hunting just made him quite alluring. Not that Matthew had a less than interesting back story. I especially liked how they met during the war and that, despite the class difference they become friends.

As for the story itself, it was tragic, intense and very much engrossing. I felt so sorry for Maddy, especially when the truth came out about what she had suffered. And, without giving away the ending, was the conclusion of the book very satisfying.

The Haunting of Maddy Clare was a very good book, and I look forward to reading more of Simone St. James books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haunting of Maddy Clare.

September 18, 2015 – Shelved
September 18, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
July 22, 2016 – Started Reading
July 26, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
July 26, 2016 – Finished Reading

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin This sounds good hon! Great review ♥

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Melissa wrote: "This sounds good hon! Great review ♥"

Thank you! I almost ordered a book by the author after finishing this review lol! But, I thought that perhaps I have enough to read as it is...;)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Your welcome :-) I do that all the time!!!! I have to stop doing it too. I have piles of books to read. If we just wait and read what we have then the other stuff will be cheaper when we get around to it.

But you know we won't do that! Lol :-D