Raeleen Lemay's Reviews > Big Little Lies

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

bookshelves: favorites, adult-fiction

Read for Book Riot's 2017 Read Harder reading challenge: #11 Read a book that is set more than 5000 miles from your location

I was SO not expecting to love this as much as I did. dang.

*review (still) to come*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Little Lies.

September 17, 2015 – Shelved
September 17, 2015 – Shelved as: maybe
December 30, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 7, 2017 – Started Reading
January 7, 2017 –
page 30
6.52% "I got this from the library on a whim (mainly because the HBO show looks cool) and so far I'm really into it!"
January 7, 2017 –
page 153
January 8, 2017 –
page 237
51.52% "This is so oddly engrossing"
January 10, 2017 –
page 371
80.65% "SO READY TO SEE HOW THIS ENDS"
January 10, 2017 – Finished Reading
January 11, 2017 –
page 371
January 13, 2017 – Shelved as: dnf
January 13, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
June 23, 2017 – Shelved as: adult-fiction

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

Kate I'm excited to hear a review on this from a non-Australian - I'm an Aussie and work in schools, so pretty much laughed out loud through the whole book!

Raeleen Lemay I thought it had a few great hilarious parts, but mainly it was the underlying murder mystery that kept me hooked!

Chiara She's an amazing writer that's why! You should read What Alice Forgot, that one got me hooked on all her books.

Emma I felt the same way! Had to finished it in the middle of the night. Can't wait for the review :-)

message 5: by Kia ✩ (new)

Kia ✩ is the author's last name really Moriarty?

Michal Lynn I was unexpectedly blown away by this book. It is funny and emotional and smart and hard to put down. So glad you loved it!!!

Alisha Ali I really enjoyed it too...kind of sad at how great the cast is for the HBO TV show. I would have liked not knowing what's going to happen.

Raeleen Lemay Alisha wrote: "I really enjoyed it too...kind of sad at how great the cast is for the HBO TV show. I would have liked not knowing what's going to happen."

right? and as much as I want to say "maybe they'll change the ending??" I highly doubt they would because it's just SO GOOD

Jessica Peregrym Wait what? There's a TV series now? Awesome! Now my non-bookie friends can enjoy the story.

Raeleen Lemay It's an HBO miniseries, comes out this month!! :)

Rachel Manning Brilliant
Anybody love the words
We see
We fucking see
I love that by Bonnie X
Tv stupidly missed this .
Also if Perry had to go as he found out Celeste was leaving and stats show she was in a very dangerous position x

Rachel Manning Perry had to go as Celeste was in danger that night

Rachel Manning Tv series had amazing cast but wished it stayed loyal to novel
Disappointing

Rachel Manning Soundtrack equally amazing

Rachel Manning In the tv series Bonnie doesn't say her words
They are vital so in very annoyed x

Alexandra I was not able to keep this book down. Amazing how the writer could touch so many social problems and somehow keep it light and funny.